This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to make it work with ASP.Net MVC RC

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:59 PM
I understand, that ASP.Net MVC releases introduce breaking changes. Is there easy way to make  it work
in  Site.Master in Views/Shared  It is not immediately clear  how to change it.

Line 22: %>
 Line 23: Welcome <b><%= Html.Encode(Page.User.Identity.Name) %></b>!
Line 24: [ <%=Html.ActionLink("Logout", "Logout", "Account") %> ]
Line 25: <%
Line 26: }

CS0411: The type arguments for method 'Microsoft.Web.Mvc.LinkExtensions.ActionLink<TController>(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper, System.Linq.Expressions.Expression<System.Action<TController>>, string, object)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments explicitly.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:02 AM
I just tried to make work the  wrong branch 2.0 thinking it is the greater version other than .net target version , it resulted in manual editing of web.config  and it seems adding namespaces in particualr order is important and the error above due to picking ActionLink from wrong namespace.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 3:26 PM
Sorry for the misleading branch name; "2.0" was intended to say: "hey, I'm the branch dedicated to the version 2.0 of the .NET Framework" but it was definitely a bad choice. BTW, I'm going to have a refresh of the MVC project in order to add some new stuff, such a "presentation model"-like interaction between controllers and views