This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

What is the FakeProvider for?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM

As far as I can see, the FakeProvider is not used. Is this correct?
Maybe the FakeProvider was used before the mocking was introduced for testing and wasn't deleted from the solution. Or does it really have a purpose?

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:14 AM

yes, it is correct: at this very moment, the fake provider isn't used anymore. I'm working on refactoring the solution and it is very likely that it will be removed

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm really looking forward to the refactored version, hope you find the time to get it out there soon.

This project has been really helpful in combination with your Architecting Applications for the Enterprise. Picked up the book after following a Master Class with Dino on architecting. Because this is all very new to me, this code really helped me a lot. (If you could add some comments to the code where you mention the pattern used, that would make it even better).

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:00 AM
daviddesloovere wrote:

I'm really looking forward to the refactored version, hope you find the time to get it out there soon.

This project has been really helpful in combination with your Architecting Applications for the Enterprise. Picked up the book after following a Master Class with Dino on architecting. Because this is all very new to me, this code really helped me a lot. (If you could add some comments to the code where you mention the pattern used, that would make it even better).

ok, the "refactored version" is out. I recommend you to have a look at the latest change sets, starting from 65141. As for the comments... I'll try to comment more, but I'd also be glad to "live comment" should you ever need a new class

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Thanks for the effort!