This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

First-Steps-Help

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM

A short overview and linklist about needed tools will be very helpfull to start the samples.

The documentation is not exisitent. Did you think, the source itself is enough documentation?

To hold the complete kit in one solution is also not very helpfull.

May be the project is a good idea and maybe there is a lot of cool tuff inside - but the first steps are making me crazy...

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Not sure what was first chicken or the egg, but this project is referred to in the book "Microsoft .NET: Architecting Applications for the Enterprise" by Dino Esposito and Andrea Saltarello. It's a good book and it has details on where to get the missing pieces .  

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I have been reading the book and thought I would load up the Northwind Starter kit to see it in action.  It would be helpful to have a built binary version particularly since you apparently need something better than VS 2010 Pro to build it.  A simpler set of examples maybe without the automated testing and Enterprise library, would be more benificial.  This is a lot to swallow at once.  Maybe I missed a document somewhere ??