static NavigationService class not suitable for web application

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM
The static NavigationService class is not suitable for use in a ASP.NET web application. In the sample code the Argument property for the NavigationService class is used to pass state information from one presenter to the next, for instance from the CustomerListPresenter to the CustomerDetailPresenter.  In a web application there's no gaurantee another request won't arrive from another user and overwrite the static Argument property.  Or if the web application is deployed to a load balanced web farm its possible for the CustomerDetailPresenter to get created on a totally seperate machine.

This problem will not show up in simple unit tests, and it won't show up on a lightly loaded web application.

Or am I missing something....
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM
you're right: the whole MVP stack was built by Corrado and intended to be used only in the Winforms and WPF based GUIs; I've tried to reuse them for a web presentation layer, but it would need serious refactoring I don't plan to start any time soon because at this very moment I'm focused on updating the MVC application